Benefits of Romaine Lettuce
If you enjoy salad, Veggies.my's featured vegetable for November will be no stranger to you. The Romaine Lettuce or Cos Lettuce.
Based on a recent article published by WebMD & Healthline, it highlighted some of the key benefits of Romaine Lettuce and we would like share the information here with our customers.
- Rich in Vitamin A which plays an important role in eye health, cell division, immunity, growth, and reproduction. Recommended daily intake is 2,330 to 3,000 IU (700 to 900 micrograms.
A 100-gram serving of Romaine Lettuce gives you more than twice the amount of Vitamin A you need everyday.
- Good source of Vitamin K. It is important for blood clotting, build strong bones, and keeps your blood vessels healthy. Your body only stores small amounts of Vitamin K, so you need to replenish it regularly from your daily food intake. Adults need about 90 to 120 micrograms of Vitamin K per day.
A 100-gram serving of Romaine Lettuce contains more than 100 micrograms of Vitamin K.
In addition to that, Romaine Lettuce is also know to be high in folate, potassium, antioxidants. Below is a brief description of the benefits of these nutrients :
- Folate is needed to make red and white blood cells in the bone marrow, convert carbohydrates into energy, and produce DNA and RNA. Sufficient intake of folate is important during periods of rapid growth such as pregnancy, infancy, and adolescence.
- Potassium helps the body regulate fluid, send nerve signals and regulate muscle contractions.
- Antioxidants are molecules that fight free radicals in your body. Free radicals are compounds that has been linked to diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
With so much said about Romaine Lettuce and its benefits, you can conveniently order fresh Organic Romaine Lettuce (Cos Lettuce) that comes direct from the farm at a promotional price of just RM 3.50 for a pack of 250g. Click here to add it to your cart.